I thought I would step away from just talking about Meesha’s Cystic Fibrosis and do a few posts that are not all serious like. Here are some products that I have found to be amazing in the first 6 months of her life.
Meesha doesn’t have a ton of toys. We both agreed that it would be better for her to not over populate her life with un-nessasary toys. I would say she has a total of 15 – 20 pieces but I only set out 5 – 10 at a time. So then when i rotate them she feels like she is getting new toys. It also helps her not get bored. These 9 toys are her favorite so far.
1. Stackable Cupcake – the bottom piece and the pink piece are crinkle so she LOVES them.
2. Fisher-Price Sweet Treats Cupcake Rattle – We got this when she was born and put it above her carseat. It was a life saver when she was upset and we hadn’t made it back to the house yet. We would just shake it and she would be in awe of it. Now that she can touch it she loves to play with it. We still keep it in the car so she associates it with car rides.
3. OBall Rattle – One of the moms in my moms group had this ball at our first meet, her daughter loved it and it is so easy to hold. Meesha will play with this toy forever!
4. Bright Start Lots of Links – These are so easy for her little hands to hold. She will always choose them first when sitting in front of her toys.
5. Soft Books – Once again the crinkle pages!!
6. Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Rock-a-Stack – We just introduced this toy and she is still working on how to get the rings off it.
7. Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle – This rattle is thin so it is easy for her little fingers, we have other rattles that are thicker and harder for her to grasp or stay holding onto.
8. Mini Circo Doll – This is another one we just introduced. It is mini so it is easy for her to hug!
9. Bright Starts Around We Go – I found this on craigslist for $10, I removed all of the toy pads that came with it because it frustrated her that she couldn’t bring the toys to her mouth. We place her toys in the empty pads, she is starting to realize that she can walk in it. It is a life saver when you need to pee! lol
Before Meesha was born we didn’t know if we were having a girl or a boy. I was so scared of having too many clothes that I didn’t buy any. But instead I recommend getting in a pass down chain. At this age they grow so fast it is silly to have more then 10 different onsies / outfits in each size. I have people that pass to me and then I return the goodwill by passing to other people. Meesha totally wore boy clothes free = legit at one and two months old it does not matter what you dress them in everyone asks what sex anyways. I have kept out the outfits that were my favorite and I plan to make a blanket out of them. These are the items I used almost daily.
Sun Hat – I always have one of these in the diaper bag so when we are waking into a store from the car we can slip it on her head to block the sun. Also helps when she is sleeping.
Swaddle Wrap – These were great for the first 4 months! She didn’t like her arms wrapped and kicked out of them easily. These are secure and can’t be kicked out of.
Sleep Sack (thick and thin) / Long Sleeve onsies – We are using these now, they aren’t cheap but well worth it. She doesn’t have to use a blanket and stays warm all night.
Light Jacket – This was another diaper bag must have since she was born in winter, in the spring there would be cold mornings or evenings that it was easy to slip this on for a trip to the store.
Leggings – I need leggings anonymous. They are so cute with cloth diapers!
I breast feed Meesha and don’t pump so this section is small. I’m going to be honest, breast feeding does have a lot of good health benefits but seriously I do it because its FREE!!! I am a stay at home mom, why should I spend money on formula when I produce it for free.
Boppy Pillow – This will save your arms once they began to gain weight but before they are able to reach from your lap.
Emergency Diaper Bag
Totally stole this idea from a friend in my birth group on baby center. I cannot tell you how many times i have walked out of the house without the diaper bag. Total life saver to have an emergency bag in the car. These are the items that I always need when I am out and about.
1. Large Wet Bag – Small enough to stick under a seat but large enough to hold bigger items as the demand changes.
2. Travel Wipe Case – can refill it as needed but cheap enough it doesn’t matter if it gets lost.
3. Diapers – We cloth diaper always good to have a spare.
4. Toy – when you get stuck any where (traffic!!) a toy on hand is always awesome for instant entertainment.
5. Hand Sanitizer – I try not to over use it but sometimes it’s so hard! lol
6. Burp Cloth – I use these to clean up way more than spit up! Love Love Love having cloth towels.
So what are your can’t live without items?